Holding a Year-End Review Assessment Conversation With Your Employee
A Growth Mindset vs. A Fixed Mindset
There are over 4 million published studies associating the learning orientation–or growth mindset–of individuals, teams, and organizations with:
- Success in change situations
- Tolerance of uncertainty and ability to work in complex situations
An individual’s, team’s, or organization’s ability to learn underpins success factors.*
People with a growth mindset believe intelligence, personality, and character can be continuously developed with hard work.
- Leaders with a growth mindset are better at problem solving, developing others, and deepening their own skills over time; they create environments that are motivating and conducive to innovation.
- Employees with a growth mindset achieve more in mastery of skills, learning through failure, and persisting through obstacles.
✓ Embrace a growth mindset to support positive movement.
What are the opportunities for learning and growth in this conversation?
- For myself?
- For my employee?
TED Talk - The Power of Belief – Mindset and Success (11 min)
* Wilkinson. D.J. (2020) How Businesses Pivot Successfully: What the research says
Oxford Review Special Report. The Oxford Review.