All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
I-9 Documentation - New Hires working remotely
Yale is providing remote verification for remote new hire I-9 documents, in keeping with the Department of Homeland Security’s guidance on limiting physical proximity due to COVID-19. However, once normal operations resume, all employees who were onboarded using remote verification must report to 221 Whitney Avenue, Human Resources I-9 Center for in-person verification of identity and employment eligibility. Communications will be sent to inform you of when and by what date. Send Form I-9 documents remotely using one of three choices: by fax 203-432-5153, video—request an on-line appointment via Employee Service Center, or webform—submit your documents using the Remote I-9 Verification for New Hires webform.
I-9 Documentation – New Hires working on Campus Only
New hires working on campus only will have their I-9 verification completed at the ID center. Please sign up for an appointment within 3 business days of your hire date. Complete your I-9 portion on or before the first day of hire in the Workday application before visiting the ID center. Yale is an E-Verify employer and will provide the federal government with the Form I-9 information to confirm that hires are authorized to work in the U.S.
Employee Services provides human resource assistance to Yale faculty and staff members in the areas of employee benefits, payroll, and personal information.
- Assisting with inquiries about employee benefits, life events, pay and time, and policies
- Supporting applicants and new hires
- Responding to I-9 Center questions and inquiries
- Supporting Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) inquiries
- Providing referrals for employment verification
- Offering guidance on changing personal information
- Support New Hire Orientation/Onboarding
- Provide Retiree counseling
- Support Annual/Open Enrollment
- Access Workday: Benefits, tax, and contact information, direct deposit, and more
- Change or Enroll in Benefits
- Manage your Benefits
- Search Jobs
- Access MyTime
- Get information on Leaves of Absence
- I-9 Information
- Verify Employment: Income or employment verification through The Work Number®.
- Review Direct Deposit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Quick Guide
- Review Tax Withholding Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Access Information on Retirement Savings-TIAA, TIAA phone number: 855-250-5424
- Review Information on the Child Scholarship Plan