Yale Signature Benefits
Yale provides many unique and valuable benefits and resources to help you and your family. Whether you are in need of counseling support, financial planning assistance, or help with balancing family and work responsibilities, Yale’s Signature Benefits have you covered every step of the way. Learn more about Personal Wellness, Financial Wellness, and WorkLife.
Yale’s Personal Wellness Signature Benefits provide eligible staff, faculty, post-doctoral associates, and their household members up to six free confidential counseling sessions per issue—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When should I access behavioral health insurance?
Behavioral health insurance is included as part of your medical health care insurance and can be accessed when you –or your eligible dependents—need coverage for clinical treatment, medical prescriptions, or care for specific diagnoses.
Need help deciding where to start?
Consult the comparison chart for Personal Wellness (EAP) and Behavioral Health plan benefits for guidance.
- Call 866-416-6586
- Visit Optum’s website: liveandworkwell
Browse resources as a guest using access code YaleSB (no registration required)
- Capture your mood, or manage stressful situations using the Self Care App (formerly Sanvello).
- Talkspace helps you engage with a licensed therapist, 24/7, via text, voice, or virtual video message. Call 866-416-6586 to obtain an authorization code prior to registering (first visit only).
- Schedule a virtual or in-person session with our dedicated counselor, Dr. Amy Sceery.
Access resources on how to manage stress, improve relationships, and more.
Whether you are buying a new home, sending your children to college, or saving for a comfortable retirement, Yale’s Financial Wellness Signature Benefits are available to support the important events in your life and to help you plan for your financial future.
- Child Care Subsidy Program
- Child Scholarship Program
- College Coach
- Educational Assistance Programs
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Yale’s WorkLife Signature Benefits are an integral part of the university’s efforts to help faculty and staff balance the multiple responsibilities associated with work, academic, and personal life.